From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 18:39:43 -0400
Lynn Scheu wrote:

  Great buys on the Silent Auction tables!
> (Did anyone EVER figure out what happened to that hardhat of our old friend
> Walter Sage that was auctioned in Texas?) I am going to miss a lot of that!

Lynn neglected to say what she did at a COA auction that caused Walter
to end up with the hardhat in the first place!

And although the convention format remains roughly the same; each year's
shell club sponsor puts their own spin onto the proceedings, so  that
each convention is exciting and probably each year's is the "best ever."

The success of COA's is that we attract diverse groups from Ph.D's to
beach collectors who know not one scientific name, and they all enjoy
themselves.  And the COAmerica is also something of a misnomer as we
normally have attendees from Central and South America, South Africa,
several European nations, Japan and Australia.  This is indeed a group
that has something of interest for everyone.  Orlando is a great
vacation location, and the Central Florida Shell Club has worked hard to
bring you an outstanding event.

We hope to see you all there!

Alan Gettleman
member CFSC.