From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:01:57 -0500
Hello, Stanley and everybody.

I have not too much experience in collecting, since I am more likely a
theoretical malacologist, but in my humble opinion, I would say that here
in Málaga, both forms are very common, specially the 'duplicatus' one. I
would risk to say that 30% at least of the 'F. flexuosus' you can find are
one form or the other. I even remember to have seen shells that bear the
attributes of BOTH forms altogether (and I wonder how must them be called
then)

However, as I said, my experience is limited, so I would wait for the
opinion of Rafael M. Puertas (Fali) who is a much more experienced
collector. Unfortunately, I think he doesn't read the mail everyday, so I
don't know when he could said something about...

Best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Málaga, Spain
www.eumed.net/malakos