From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:23:13 +0000
My post below applies to the found USA members also......

The question is: outside of Hawaii and Florida, are there any other
places where native North American land snails are in danger from human
activities such as habitat destruction and alteration, pollution or the
introduction of non-native species?

From the Nice White North (We're still Great, but we have other good
qualities too.....),
Ross.

<I would strongly recommend that American lost members consider
objecting strongly to this and other ill-advised attempts to place greed
and short-term (the USA uses 25% of the world's fossil feuls, yet has
only 3% of the remaining reserves - even drilling every National Park
and wilderness preserve in the country would most likely not change
these figures very much) economic concerns ahead of all that really
matters in the final analysis.   Recall that all that is nessessary for
evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing!

The National Park Service is accepting comments from the public until
Feb. 23, 2002.   Please write to:

Big Cypress National Preserve, HCR 61
Box 110
Ochopee, Florida, 34141