From:
Marc Lavaleye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 17:45:25 +0100
I did find Velella with small Janthina still attached at its underside, sometimes
more than one (up to three) snails on one Velella. This was at the beach of Las
Palmas (Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, NE Atlantic) if I remember well. The
attachment was rather firm, so much that after collection I could later on make
photographs of it on my Hotel room, with both animals still alive and attached
to each other.
Marc Lavaleye
Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
Postbox 59