From:
Emilio F Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:54:01 -0500
It's me again!!

Just to give you further information on the Nassaria, it measures exactly
38.8 mm in lenght by 24 mm, I had it as Nassaria cf pusilla in my
collection until I decided to get a name for it. The exact locality data
isTrawled in 300 m north of Bathurst I., Tanimbar Ids., Arafura Sea.

Of course, this species led me to look into the rest of my Nassaria. I have
a species from the Philippines which is totally white, 46.5 mm by 21 in my
largest specimen, with a sculpturing similar to pusilla. I had the name
fusiformis for it but I am sure it is wrong. The shape would put it into
the subgenus Microfusus but it lack a subsutural ramp. Do you have anything
like it? I also have a small species from the Tuamotu Archipelago, about 11
mm, for which I had N. pusilla. Do you have anything similar from French
Polynesia? This also looks very interesting.

Ciao,

Emilio

Emilio F. Garcia
115 Oak Crest Dr.