From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 23:04:25 PDT
answer from Helmut Nisters, Innsbruck, Austria

Dear Linda,

Fam. Acavidae
Acavus haemastoma (Linnaeus, 1758)
from Sri Lanka
is a common land-shell on ground and in gardens.
You can find this species in
Compendium of Landshells by R. Tucker Abbott
1989
ISBN 0-915826-23-2
on page 91

Further I can tell you that I've found
Lataxiena fimbriata (Hinds, 1844) in the
Compendium of Seashells by R%. Tucker Abbott & S. Peter
Dance, 1983 (second printing) ISBN 0-91582617-8
indicated with N.W. Pacific and Japan as distribution on page 153. A shallow water species.

I hope you can have a look to these books and I will remain
with my best regards

yours Helmut