From:
Paul Monfils <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:23:36 -0400
OK, I think I've got it now - It was originally named British Museum
of Natural History, but it was removed from the genus British, so a
new name was required - Natural History Museum - because no previous
synonyms were available.  If it is later reassigned to British, the
name reverts to Museum of Natural History!  Not so difficult when you
get the hang of it. :-)