Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:02:28 -0400
Good point Travis, even though I have found minor flaws after some oil has
dried you can't mask a major defect with oiling. In my opinion oiling
enhances the appearance of most shells and also has a beneficial effect on
the shell by preventing the shell from drying out and becoming brittle. Mark
James Bethke

>Marlo and all,
>
>Don't buy shells that have been oiled??  I guess we'll all have to stop
buying
>shells. Very prominent and trustworthy dealers like  Donald Dan, Al
Deynzer,