From:
"Barney, Winston" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:51:25 -0600
> 1.  How often do you visit the Conchologists of America web site each
year?      Every Day of the year !

> 2.  When you do visit the web site, what information are you initially
looking for?   Discussion on topics of taxonomy, etymology, collecting
areas, new members, molluscan life (the entire class), COA happ'nens.

> 3.  What aspects of the web site do you find helpful?
> I particularly enjoy the replys by a wide variety of notable
conchologists: Paul, Harry, Henk, Donald, Rich ---- the whole bunch. It is
refreshing to hear so many ideas from so great a line up of teachers.  I
have also used the archives many times to look up a particular subject or
species.
Furthermore, I use the list of dealers from time to time because it provides
a direct link to them.

> 4.  In your opinion, what would you like to see removed?
> Everything has its purpose. If it's hard to maintain, I could see removing
something. Otherwise, let it be.

> 5.  What I would like to see added?
> I wouldn't mind having a professional on the staff to answer questions
that I am embarrased to ask publicly, thereby exposing my ignorance.
   I enjoy Avril's "Man and Molluscs" site ; COA could provide a similar or
more "professional" version.
   An electronic version of the AC index.
  An electronic version of the COA roster, or at the minimum, a roster of
CONCH-Lers. When replying to a message that is posted on the CONCH-L, one
cannot find the email address of the sender (even by going to "Properties").

> 6.  I never visit the web site and the reason is...
>  Not Applicable !

Thoughts not covered in the above questions?
 I don't like chat rooms or auctions.
> Please continue to BAN attachements and advertising.

Winston Barney