From:
Horatio Buck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:26:04 +0000
At 06:57 PM 6/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>To whom it may concern:
>Dear Conch-Land,
>
>I know there have been some discussions on this very subject in the past,
>but I can't get into the archives  tthis weekend for some reason. Can some
>of you help Chris Brown? Please reply directly to him since he is not a
>subscriber (yet.  I have suggested that he subscribe to Conch-L).
>
>Lynn Scheu
>
>>I am looking for some sort of computer program with which I can
>>catalogue and classify my shell collection.  To date everything has been
>>hand written and very tedious.  There must be a program others utilize
>>for this purpose.  I've have heard that FileMaker Pro works, but I would
>>prefer not spending that kind of money for a general program when I
>>desire something very specific.  Any help or advice you can provide will
>>be greatly appreciated.  My preference is for a program that is VERY
>>user friendly!  Thanks.
>>
>>Chris Brown  [log in to unmask]
>As I have commented many times in the past, I have found nothing that
compares to Paradox for database construction. I use it for shells, videos,
CD's and other misc collections.  It is relational and quite versatile.  I
have also catalogued the entire Kaicher card collection, both by  packabe
and by genus.  A most versatile tool.  I will be glad to sent info if
desired.  I might add, Paradox is a part of the Word Perfect 7.0 package
which goes for about $50 and also conatins Word Perfect, Quattro Pro and
other assorted goodies.

Good luck on your selection.

Horatio Buck <[log in to unmask]>