From:
Jenny Scarboro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:16:04 -0500
Thanks for the feedback on the questions.  It was a loaded topic, wasn't
it?

Here is another request for help with books:

Does anyone have RTA's "Seashells of North America" in either the
waterproof or a Spanish edition?  Following a friend's very good
suggestion, I would like to have something to show the locals when I get
down to Hondo, to help explain what I am looking for.  (I'd take my old
copy but it has an inscription from Tucker and I don't want to have it get
wet.)  Will buy or trade for shells, lit, etc.

That reminds me!  I have going through my things trying to lighten the load
for the move.  I wonder if anyone might be interested in these books?  They
are all in flawless condition.  I'd like to trade for Cypraea or
literature.

- Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Seashells.  First edition.
Harold Rehder.  A perfect pocket size with a waterproof cover, gorgeous
color i.d. plates.  566 species described, with habitat notes and range.

-  Texas Shells. Jean Andrews.  279 species of the Texas Gulf coast, b/w
plates throughout.  Field guide.

-  Field Guide to Shells of the Florida Coast.  Jean Andrews.  270+
species, mixed color and b/w plates.

-  Kingdom of the Seashell.  R.Tucker Abbott.  250+ illustrations, glorious
plates; a lovely, candid introduction to conchology.

-  Encyclopedia of Seashells.  By our very own Dr. Gary Rosenberg!  250
species, loads of color plates, a great reference.

Please respond privately if you can help with SSNA or are interested in the
books

Jenny