From:
Leslie Allen Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:32:38 -0500
Art:
Some notes and to add to Charlie's list.

I endeavored to write a new glossary a few years back and couldn't decide
where to draw the line, so several thousand words and half an alphabet later
I put it aside... and forgot about it.
Leslie

1)  Per a note from the Veliger's editor, the Veliger is not copywrited.
    (this may be changed for new issues, i.e. - since 2000)

2)  This is still available from Tom Rice, it is brief, and is not a
dictionary per-se, but a cross reference of the French vs English word
variations.

Geerts, Charles 1971  -  Dictionary of English-French French-English Shell
Terms, Supplement to Fall 1971, Of Sea & Shore, 16 pp, SB(L)

3)  This is an actual dictionary of Malacology in Portuguese.  Tom Rice had
several of these when I was at OS&S a few years back.

Oliveira, Maury Pinto & Maria Helena Rodrigues  1974  -  Dicionario
Conquilio Malacologico, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora Brasil, 190 pp,
SB(M)

4)  This little dictionary was put out in 1947 as part of the serial
publication "Mollusca", and was also pressed separately.

Reed, Paul H. 1947 - A Glossary of Molluscan Terminology, Mollusca Vol 1 #
11/12, Feb 17, pp 151-81, SB(M)

5)  I remember commentary that this recent book on Bivalves has a glossary
of 2000 terms.

Eugene V. Coan; Paul Valentich Scott; Frank R. Bernard 2000 -  Bivalve
Seashells of Western North America: Marine Bivalve Mollusks from Baja
California to Arctic Alaska, SBMNH Monograph #2, 766 pp, 1000 bw photos, 100
ill, HB(L)