Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:52:10 -0600
Here at the Milwaukee Public Museum, one of our annual events is Behind the
Scenes night for Friends of the Museum.  In Invertebrate Zoology, I have
often featured aspects of the mollusk collection at this event.  This year
it'll be the freshwater mussel collection and the special guest of the
evening will be malacologist Marian Havlik of LaCrosse WI.  It takes a lot
of preparation to bring even portions of the collection out for the visitors
to enjoy, but we staff members are told repeatedly how much this event is
appreciated and how Friends members view it as one of the great benefits of
their membership.

Joan Jass, Curator of Non-insect Invertebrates, Milwaukee Public Museum,
email [log in to unmask]