From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 17:51:44 -0400
Hi all:

I agree with Lynn about all this beach re-nourishment stuff.  They have
been doing it for years on our coastline.

It is a natural thing for the beach to change.  We were just in
Eleuthera and the beach at Tarpum Bay this was almost completely gone
and the water crashing against the sea wall.  Next year it will probaly
change again.  We find all the Bahama beaches different each time we go.

What a WASTE of money, time and sea life.  Not only does it kill many
shells but what about all the crabs and things that get buried when all
that sand is piled on top of them...can they burrow out?

AND...the shell collectors are the ones killing all the sea life?
RIGHT!

I have been going back and reading some hold HSN and Of Sea and Shore's
and ran across articles by Costeau and Tucker on how many shells are
hatched and that it would be almost impossible to wipe them out.

The "experts" ... actually the "non-experts" don't realize that shells
move.  After 35 years of collecting we have always seen shells come and
go in different areas...again ... it's Natural!

Here on Cocoa Beach last week there were dentalium all over the
beaches...haven't seen them there in a long time!   They will be gone
soon ... does that mean that are "wiped out"  NOT!

BC
--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy
Specializing in Self-Collected