Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:42:57 +0200
Hamburg is only one example. What about:
Stuttgart Museum (Clessin, Geyer, Krauss and others) destroyed during WW II
Stettin Museum (Dohrn, Pfeiffer, Troschel, Roemer a.a.) largely destroyed
during WW II
Milano (Brocchi, Villa, a.o.) largely destroyed during WW II
Genoa (Danilo & Sandri, Pini, a.o.) largely destroyed during WW II
Liverpool Museum largely destroyed during WW II
Bukarest Museum destroyed during 1956 uprising
Philippine Bureau of Sciences (Faustino) destroyed during WW II
and other collections which were destroyed either by fire or earthquakes:
Stimpson in the Chicago fire in 1871
Kuroda during fire in 1931
J.E. Cooper during San Francisco earthquake 1906
Seguenza during Messina earthquake 1908
and numerous other examples

Henk K. Mienis