From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 21:49:55 -0700
Avril/Henry,

Welcome.  I flew for two years with the Canadian Forces in the early
1980s on exchange from the U.S.A.F. and one of the most coveted trips was
anywhere to B.C.  I admit I liked the coastal areas the best, but the
entire province is beautiful (and even has a desert area that few people
down here know exists).  It was especially nice to someone living in
Edmonton, as we did at that time.

I also had a tough time finding shell people in landlocked New Mexico but
I kept trying and eventually found a great group of folks.  We have
formed into a very, very, very informal shell club.  One of our projects
for the future is to set up a shell display at the Albuquerque Natural
History Museum.  Like your area, there are many here who have never seen
an actual seashell and the museum seems very receptive to such an effort.

In any case, I hope you enjoy Conch-L as much as I have.  These are great
people and the conversation is never dull (even if it is sometimes not
meant to be read by all).

Again, welcome,

Tom Eichhorst