From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:21:24 +0200
Hi Monika,

If you were looking for a source where the Strombidae subgenera are listed
: someone posted them a few days ago on Conch-L and from what I remember
of it (the message itself is already deleted on my hard disk) it came out
of the Gert Linder book on World Seashells. I have only the Dutch version
at hand here, but here are the subgenera again :

Canarium (Schumacher, 1817)
Conomurex (P. Fischer, 1884)
Dolomena (Iredale, 1831)
Doxander (Iredale, 1831)
Euprotomus (Gill, 1870)
Gibberulus (Jousseaume, 1888)
Labiostrombus (Oostingh, 1925)
Laevistrombus (Kira, 1955)
Lentigo (Jousseaume, 1886)
Tricornis (Jousseaume, 1886)

The reference of the book might be (according to the Dutch version again)
:

Muscheln und Schnecken der Weltmeere / Gert Lindner . - München : BLV
Verlagsgesellschaft, cop. 1975 . - 256 p. , ill. - ISBN(Dutch version !)
90-10-01740-0

Hope this helps for your questions. And if you were wondering if I carry a
laptop to go beachcombing in Brittany : no, I've postponed our trip by a
week as on the last minute we found much better lodging accomodations. So,
hear from you in a few weeks !

Jan Haspeslagh