From:
Andy Rindsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:17:20 -0600
Art,

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but if I understand the situation correctly, it's
like this. Unless a disclaimer is made to the contrary, then all recent
books are owned by someone; it's just a matter of finding out who. What does
it say in the colophon (publishing information, usually on the page after
the title page)? Did you retain the copyright, or allow Evolver only a
one-time use of the book? Then the copyright is yours and you can proceed at
will. But if Evolver held the copyright, then the company's successor or the
owner's heir has the rights to your book. As the dollar amount is likely to
be small, you may be able to have the rights to the book back for a nominal
fee or percentage, or for nothing more than a polite request. It's worth a
try if you can find someone to contact.

Best alately porcine wishes,
Andy

Andrew K. Rindsberg