From:
daniel kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:43:24 +0200
Dear listers,

    I've been reading all your mails with great interest for the last
two months and I regret not having introduced myself earlier.

However, I'm a software engineer in Klagenfurt/Austria and also a quite
enthusiastic beginner in collecting and classifying marine mollusks.
About one year ago my new girlfriend introduced me to several new
passions, one of them was the collecting of mollusks........ ;-)

She is really wild about every new species and sometimes they are
serious rivals.....
She studies environmental technology at the University of Leoben and her

apartment there brims over with specialized literature and wonderful
specimen of Strombidae, Cypraeidae, Tonnidae, Cassidae, Ranellidae,
Volutidae, Haliotidae, Harpidae, Olividae, Conidae, Nautilidae,
Muricidae and so on. But also my collection is growing up.

Our favourite families are Cassidae and Ranellidae, but as many others
we collect nearly everything...

We love to go on snorkel trips, unfortunately up to now only in the
Mediterranean Sea, but this year we hope to spend
our holidays in the Caribbean Sea (Dominican Republic) or on the
Maledives. Does anybody know good diving areas and species there???????

I also regret having deleted your last mails about the best shell
cleaning methods - Could anybody send me these specific
messages???????????

I'm looking forward to reading all your answers...

Daniel Kogler, Klagenfurt, Austria

Email:  [log in to unmask]