From:
George Muehleisen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:32:39 -0400
Art,
  It wasn't me who wrote, but the oysters can't clean up the Chesapeake
because we keep eating them!  Also, the chicken @%!^ (poop word, thank you
Frank Purdue suppliers) and other fertilizer runoff creates Frankenstein
bacteria that kills them and the fish. (This opinion does not reflect that
of this E-mail addressee, only heresay from bayside residents, who are
usually engorged with Blue crabs and beer). However, if we could enable 25
million oysters to remain viable in the Chesapeake Bay, jet ski operators
would fear for their lives. The filtering action could suck the bathing
trunks off them.  A new, hardier variety would appear, Crassostrea Speedo.
This is a dangerous situation that is being avoided by your elected
representatives.
Does this answer your question? (s)?

   The Questionable Answer Man

      George