Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:50:17 -0500
Great point Sir Art (oh one of all universal wisdom and dang good pun
spinner) ....there will never be an agreement on splitting , I'm sure sir
Bob of St Pete(( he who finds and collects the neatest marginellas with out
a doubt))  couldn't disagree with this. I believe that DNA comparison will
be the final icebreaker here , but then that would put an end to such
fantastic discussion BUT this is where it stands , slight differences in a
color pattern does not a new species make. I can see where dominicanus has
the light back ground causing the "spots " to be more pronounced, Granarius
on the other hand has a much taller spire almost falling into the leptoconus
gradiconus form, thus i would consider this a separate species because
structure of the shell is different. wouldn't structure changes prove that
it's different from the "parent " species?? all suggestions would be
appreciated, mark