From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 12:42:21 +0200
Kevin, Charles and Emilio (and the group, of course),

Thanks for the answers ! I do have to tell everybody that my question on
purchasing a Tridacna was merely rethorical. I don't even have room
enough in our house to store a monster like that !!! Anyway, I really
didn't know this shell is listed as an endangered species, so I've
learned again!!!!

For the record : I'm still interested in stories about this Tridacna.
Did you know, for example, that the first one I ever saw is used as a
"Baptise font" (don't know the correct English term) in the church of
Aigues Mortes, a medieval city in the south of France ? I was a kid of
10 when our family travelled around there, but  I will never forget that
impression of a huge jaw. In my imagination, it was like a monster
swallowing innocent babies... And I hadn't seen 'Jaws' the movie yet at
that time...

Ok, back to studying again  (sigh....)

Jan from Belgium