From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:06:31 -0800
Probability is over 90% that it is antillarum.  Abbott places petiti in West
Indies (no mention of Florida).  I've collected Haminoea along Florida's east
coast from Palm Beach to Ponce Inlet for the past five years.  Never a petiti.
Antillarum is variable, but often the most "flaring" of the five species I've
found.  Particularly since you cannot discern spiral striae, it is unlikely to
be elegans.  Striae are absent or extremely fine (requiring 20X or greater) in
antillarum.

Marlo
Florida