From:
Aaron Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:38:25 -0900
My vote for the world's greatest shellers has to go to those of you out
there (you know who you are!) who seem to be able to pry beautiful live
mollusks from ANY conceivable habitat. You know the type, those people who
find six species of cowrie on a desolate, barren beach while all you get is
sunburned, heat exhaustion, barnacle cuts, and finally dumped into a
tidepool by an earthquake (this happened to me!) Or even more impressive,
people who walk into the bushes near YOUR home and find dozens of land
snails representing genera you've never heard of before. To these people I
tip my hat (and curse under my breath!)
Aaron Baldwin
Webmaster:
http://www.ofseaandshore.com