From:
Joyce Matthys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:31:31 -0500
Hello!

I  was just introduced to CONCH-L a few days ago by my friend, Ardeth, here
on Sanibel.  My husband and I live in Salem, Oregon, a 4,000 mile commute
with our truck and 5th wheel but shelling on Sanibel is worth it.

Back to your request.  I have a friend, Peggy, in Washington state on the
Puget Sound, who might be able to help you.  I don't know if she is on
Conch-L or not but her e-mail address is

Good luck!  By the way, I had some good luck this week shelling.  I found
the top half of a bright orange lyropecten nodosa (lion's paw) on Sunday
and a rose colored one on Monday. Both were immature probably about 1 1/2
inches, but intact.  It is unusual to find one of these but to find two of
them in two days will probably be my shelling find of the year.

Joyce on Sanibel