From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:26:50 -0600
This is mainly for James; just last year a friend in Spain sent me some
shells, nothing wrong with this, BUT the people at customs did not know one
shell from another.  What my friend sent was Charonia lampas, What they
thought it was, was Charonia tritonis.  It took a few months with a few
letters back and forth to my friend to get this package loose fom the U.S.
customs.  Can you imagine, if I could not prove what was in that package,
what they might have done to me and to him. Him for sending it, me for
having it come to me,  it is not safe to play games with the Cops.  My
friend from Spain is on the Conch-L list so he will know what I am talking
about  here.  John   Tennessee