From:
Felix Lorenz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:51:38 +0100
Indeed there are species protected by law. Those interesting in your case
are basically Tridacna and Hippopus. They are on the Washington-list.
Charonia was on that list but was erased for reasons i donšt know. Cassis
and Turbo are not protected by international regulations.

There is an illustrated list of protected species, available only in german
language, but may be it is of help in arguments. It can be obtained from

Dr. Vollrath Wiese