From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:40:18 -0500
Hi all,

Word is in that Kim Hutsell definitely will be at the 1999 COA Convention
in Louisville, and will be measuring shells for World Record Sizes.  We are
very pleased to have him and his participation.  If you have shells that
you want him to measure, please wrap them up securely and bring them with
you to Louisville.

Kim can probably speak better for himself on this matter, but I'll mention
the requirements for this measuring now.  Kim will be there to verify and
receive records, he says, and to sign your books, but he will NOT be
filling out the submission forms FOR you.  You should complete your
submission forms  (including the reference portion) PRIOR to verification
of your records.  These submission forms can be copied from the one
provided at the back of the Registry of World Record Size Shells.

 I might add that the new edition of Registry of World Record Size Shells
will be ready before the convention. But for more about that, you'll have
to talk to Kim. (Hey, Kim, what's the release date?)

Also, for all you World Record Holders who want to show off your own World
Records,  please bring them to Louisville with you. We are arranging a
display space for those natural wonders of yours as a part of our Seashell
Derby Shell Show. There will be good security for them at all times. Be
sure to bring a display case for your treasures though.

If you have any questions, please drop me a note and I'll do my best to
answer it. Or phone Gene Everson at 502/429-5788.  I will be posting the
Shell Derby classes and rules later today or tomorrow.

Lynn (still has the flu!) Scheu
Louisville, KY, Home of the 1999 COA Seashell Derby
Looavull
Luhvul
Lewisville
Looaville