From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:11:46 -0700
Aaron Baldwin says Lottia is the new genus in this case. I am starting to see
that one needs a lot of literature at one's disposal in order to just come up
with a possible list of names and then it is quite some work to select the (or
a ) valid name,.  None of my books mentioned Lottia at all.  I need more books
I think, (or will this make me crazier).
Maybe it's time to get into the digital age (if Linnaeus could only imagine)
and assign unique numberic or alphanumeric identifiers to all species.
Somewhere I believe that this was proposed, long before computers as a better
route than binomial naming.  Not as romantic maybe, but possibly less crazy.