From:
Carol Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:33:37 -0500
I think there is too much space taken up on the list with stuff that gones
on FO R E E V E R! and doesn't contribute that much  or interest the
majority of the subscirbers.  There's too much posting to the list that
could be done privately!  And it's getting to be a little too much!  I've
been close to unsubscribing when I open up my email and there are 34
postings--and I had just been on a few hours earlier when there were another
45 postings.  I haven't checked, but it seems there were at least "a bunch"
of postings about the age of shell collectors., plus other questions that
went ON and ON    Seems like one message explaining how kids have other
things like the Internet, Chat rooms  and more interesting stuff to do
should be sufficient.  Where  do these people get all this time to be on
their computers?"

I love being on the conch-l because I have learned so much--but it seems to
me there is just TOO much being posted,  Lets get back the conversations
that the majority of us understands and leave all the really technical stuff
to those who  can understand--and they can relay their opinions, etc.
privately.

Sorry if I appear  to be on my soapbox--it's been a bad week.  I'm looking
for emails from my family, because I'm trying to arrange a family reunion
mainly for the benefit of a terminally ill brother.  Every time I log on,
there"s a zillion messages  from Conch-L about stuff that has been beat to
death already.

Carol