Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:43:56 -0500
Dear Conch-L friends: I feel I must post this additional statement in
reference to the hypocrite post by mark and peta bethke.  Yes, he showed
myself, my ex-wife and her brother a spot on Virgina Key, off Key
Biscayne where the strombus raninus were present. As for wiping out the
area or the species, this is not accurate.  We took a total of maybe 15
specimens between the three of us that first day.  I never returned to
that particular spot but my ex and her brother went back maybe 3 times.
Each time they returned I helped with sorting the various shells and
each time they maybe had 5 or 6 raninus each. We/they only collected
what we/they were sure we would keep. I hardly think we wiped out the
species in that area. In fact we released many more than we ever kept.
That's it, again I apologize to Conch-L for this laundry being aired in
this forum. Michael Huggins, Sunrise FL