From:
Kevin Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:07:05 +1000
Art I agree with your remarks on the passing of Sally Diane Kaicher.

I have been an admirer of her work and used her cards extensively in the
identification of my gastropodes as does our Queensland Museum.

Comparing the work of several recent authors it would appear many could
use Sally's work to get the correct identifications of many species.

I know of no other work which figures so many type species and her
contribution to malacology should be acknowledged by all.

I have asked our Society News letter to publish a suitable obituary,
perhaps someone with a greater knowledge of this remarkable lady would
give some detail on CONCH-L, it would assist in the composing of this
obituary.

Kevin Lamprell