From:
Kevin Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:07:07 +1000
I agree with Kate that shells certainly do have a value as does
everything else, the question of what the individual declares on the
postal form is his or her business, but is'nt this declaration of value
made in order that a claim can be made against the postal people in case
of the loss of the parcel?.

If then you have declared the parcel valueless then you cannot then make
a claim but conversely if you have declared a value that would be the
limit of the claim that could be made in the case of loss.

In my opinion it is not a case of dishonesty but in how you wish to send
your parcel and the value you want to place on it.

I also think we are very fortunate to have Rices catalogue in order to
establish some sort of a figure when we go to trade, buy or sell any
specimens.

Kev