From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 05:45:52 -0700
(or as Dan Quale spells it: Tornadoe)
        I live in Cincinnati. About 5AM, sirens and lightning woke me. The
lightning was strange; as it was very heavy, very close together, and
seemed to be more cloud to cloud rather than hiting the ground.
        The Tornado first hit about 6 miles West of my home. It proceeded on a
path to the North-East, jumping up then down again in an upscale
suburban area. There are six dead as of this writing. Devistation of
homes, malls, businesses is extensive. You gotta see it to believe
it---but only once. April 3, 1973, we had a Tornado, actually a series
of them, that hit the same area along the river then jumped up and
re-hit at Xenia. I went in then with the police. One observer told me he
watched the thing cross the Ohio River and, at one point could see the
bottom of the river.
        I lost a tree branch. My shells were not injured. There! Now it is
malacologicly connected for the purests in the audience.
        Art