From:
"Kim C. Hutsell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:12:20 -0700
Dear Scott,

Just thought you might like to know...
We occasionally get a red spadicea down here in the San Diego area. But I
don't recall any of them being near wrecks. I've also seen specimens with
both white and yellow over-glaze. The whites come from the Channel
Islands and the yellows from the Los Angeles harbor. A fourth color is
the light chocolate brown from Point Loma. Another interesting form is
the dwarf specimens taken from the Coronado Islands 10 miles south of
Point Loma. There was also one specimen taken from the lagoon at Carlsbad
which was normal length (about 45mm) but only half the normal width,
about 20mm. I was there when it was collected by a man named Owen Rye,
though I don't know where he or the specimen is now.

Kim Hutsell
San Diego