From:
Dawn Coughlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:35:26 +1000
For Emilio,
To my knowledge the only area cyp melwardi are found is Tryon Is and One
Tree Is. Having shelled the Queensland coast on and off for the past 30
years I can't recall ever collecting cyp melwardi from any other
locality,the area can't be compromised as it is protected by the marine
authority, but it is amazing that nice fresh specimens turn up every so
often, I guess the marine authority don't do too much protecting on the
southern end of the barrier reef. All cribraria of the melwardi type live
together with normal types, hope this is of help.
                        Dawn