From:
"Sylvia S. Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:14:26 -0500
What is the rule of thirds in photography?  In using color in decorating, I
was taught that a room should have three colors.  One color, being 2/3's,
the second 1/3, and a touch of the third.

In floral arrangement, the proportion between container and flowers is in
thirds.  The tallest piece should be at least 1 1/2 times the height (or
width, as the case may be) of the container.

Japanese floral arranging is a lesson on life.  Each incorporates the rule
of three - heaven, man, and earth.  Also, you never use an even number of
flowers - always an odd number.

Maybe its is just that I like triangles as opposed to squares and circles.

Sylvia S. Edwards
Huntsville, Alabama