From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 17:59:52 -0400
My Pecten database says that according to 3 sources, Lamprell & Whitehead,
1992; Dijkstra, 1991; and a personal communication from  Gary Coovert ca.
1990,  the "correct" name for leopardus is flabellata (Lamarck, 1819).
Further, according to Lamprell & Whitehead, kuhnholtzi Bernardi, 1884 is a
synonym of flabellata, but in Lamprell & Healy, 1998, it is deemed a valid
species differing from flabellata by its constant yellow-cream color
internally and externally with a range of NSW and Qnld.

>Dear all,  I do hope that Bob's query re:  Annachlamys leopardus et al  is
>clarified as I am also interested in the outcome.  I have also some
>specimens labelled ' Annachlamys kuhnholtzi from - off Round Hill trawled 8
>miles N/E Bustard Bay area'  They are a little smaller than some
>Annachlamys leopardus type form, that I have from the same location, and
>have brown markings whereas the type form is purple / brown.  Can anyone
>confirm the standing of this variety  and how they should differ from the
>type form ? They look very similiar to me.   Any assistance would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Stanley Francis
>Belfast N.Ireland.

John Wolff