From:
Kevin Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 17:21:03 +1000
Rare species????
Look how many new species are named from a single unit, gastropod or
bivalve and then look at subsequent collecting and publications which
extend the distribution of that species.
A species is only rare when it is difficult to find but when the habitat
is found and numerous specimens become available the values are anly in
the dealers mind, probably because he or she has paid some outrageous
price for the "rare specimen", the penalty of being a dealer.

Kev