From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 12:20:57 -0600
Jasna
I think your point is completely valid.  Judging from some of the other related
postings, many of us agree.
And as Ross and some others clarified, 'rare' in collections and 'rare' in nature are
two separate and in many cases unrelated ideas.  After all, some might call a Penny
Black stamp rare, but this has nothing to do with it's ability or inability to be
populous in nature.
A thought - I suspect Mytlus edulis is 'rare' in most of our collections.

Nora
Calgary, Alberta
CANADA (on a hot and lovely holiday Monday...back to the garden, enough computers)