From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 07:47:09 -0700
Dear David;-
        Thanks for allowing me to be partially right. It's more than I deserve.
I'm wondering, however, if anyone among us has ever tried to blow a
shell-trumpet. I tried it with a triton once back in Lost Angeles but
all I could get out of it was something that sounded exactly like the
final breath of an expiring dinosaur. (dont ask how I know what that
sounds like.) I would think that any shell sound would be pretty limited
in both range and distance. Is it true that such shells were once used
as fog-horns in the Pacific?
        Art