From:
milan peternel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 01:42:29 PDT
Hi,

The theory about whale carcasses used as underwater motels for vent
propagules was first represented by Peter Jumars and Craig Smith of the
University of Washington .
There are some other theories about the migration of vent fauna.
If ineterested go to:

http://library.advanced.org/18828/

and click "mysteries".

Have a nice day, Milan