From:
Don Chamblee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:48:10 -0500
Hello, my name is Don and I am new to the list.  I live in Peru, Indiana
(not a hotspot for shell collecting).  I lived in Houston, Texas for 39
years and it is in the town of Galveston that I discovered my love
affair with shells at 10 years old.  I was very serious with the hobby
early on and I was able to amass a large collection by purchasing from
all over the world. Unfortunately, we have moved to mid-Amereica and I
am distracted with other life matters. My wife is Filipino and we have
talked about traveling to the Philippines to visit.  On her last visit
there she brought back several choice specimens.  I hope to resume this
wonderful hobby soon.

The reason for writing is that I am searching for the title and author
of a book.  When I was young I remember reading a book from the local
library that was written by a woman who lived on Sanibel Island,
Florida. She talked extensively about the search for the Junonia Volute.
I saw this book several years ago in a used book store, along with at
least 10 other shelling books but didn't have enough money to purchase
the whole lot and decided to come back later.  I came back later to find
all of the books gone.  I am sure that this book is out of print.  I
would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks,

Don Chamblee