From:
John Hooker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 14:08:40 -0600
Helmut,

It is best to get at least a 486 with a Pentium processor, and Windows
95. make sure you have a CD ROM drive. Used systems are getting very
inexpensive now. If you have a video camera (needs only a simple
personal camcorder, you can purchase a "Snappy" video capture for
about 150 EUR. This will give you the quality of a decent digital
camera. Their web site is at:

http://www.play.com/products/snappy/index.html

The Snappy requires:
PC with Windows 95/98 or NT (Intel)
CD-ROM Drive
486, Pentium or better
16 MB RAM / 8 MB HD space minimum
640 x 480 256 color or better (VGA)

The price of a used system and a Snappy should be less than that of a
scanner.
If you have some photographs you need scanned, we can do this for you
at no charge if you send them to me snail mail -- sorry about the term
:) e-mail me at [log in to unmask] if you are interested and I will
give you my address. I'm in Canada. I can email the images back or put
them up on our site for you to download. I presume that you just need
them for web use. If they are to be printed they will have to be
fairly large.

Regards,

John

--
Visit our Website at http://www.writer2001.com
Coriosolite Expert System...Animation...Poetry...Books