From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:06:12 -0500
Dear Charlie;-
     Thanks for that information. One of my principle interests is
documenting what I call "Darwin in Action". Changes taken (say) a
thousand years at a time seem very slight and slow. I remember being
impressed on viewing a well preserved sailing ship from C. 1850, that
the bunks were made for men about five feet high as if that was the
norm at the time. Viewing up close and personal, it is difficult to
determine whether changes are evolutionary or in responce to improved
diets. Heck, if it was easy to understand, no one would be interested.

    Thanks,     Art