From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:13:12 -0400
As a matter of opinion, I believe that it would be good form to ask for
permission to reprint one's comments before doing so.  I am not certain if
this forum is copyrighted or not, but I have always appreciated it when
someone was courteous enough to ask me if they could reprint my comments.
Since this is a public forum I have never turned anyone down.  As an
aside, I recieved a personal e-mail from one of my former students.  It
was quite humorous and dealt with the first day in his new practice and
his orientation.  I thought that the rest of the faculty in our program
would appreciate it also.  Even though it was sent to me, and I guess I
could distribute it at will, I still asked my friend if he would mind if I
shared it with others.  He said no problem and as a result more people
were able to have a good laugh.

Since we are all connected by e-mail, getting someone's permission should
not be too difficult.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine