From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:54:11 -0500
Someplace I am missing something here.  I have nothing against religion or
evolution, but could someone tell me the difference between what is now
going on on Conch-L and the few small messages we had last fall about
football, for which I and I do not know if it happened to the others, were
let know in no uncertain terms that this site was for shells and not for
football.  One thing I was told by my parents as I was growing up was not
to argue politices and religion.  So if this site now can be used for
religion and evolution, why not football or anything else anyone wants to
talk about.  Or may some of the people talk about what ever they want to
and others cannot not do the same?  I, myself, do not care what anyone
talks about, but it has now been going on for quite awhile, with nothing at
all to do with shells, and surely there will be some of you that will come
up with the evolution of shells, but the people of religion will say this
cannot happen, so both sides are fighting a loseing battle, neither of you
will admit you are wrong, or right as the case may be.  What say, I start
putting up a bunch of funny jokes, would this not be legal on Conch-L,
where I think it says not to do what has been going on.  Art and others
would have to stop talking about his pigs, and I for one would miss them.
Over a period of time, there is just so much you can talk about on shells
or anything related to shells.  Can any of you assure me that this site
will be just for shells and nothing else for the next 5 plus years with
nothing going on here.  Nothing taken from other sites that might or might
not be of interest to others.  So if this site was just for shells, and not
for all the other things that go on here, would this not be a dull place to
come to every day?  Only the onwwrs of this site can do anything about what
is now going on on Conch-L and none of them seem to care about this, so
this fall when Tennessee beats Florida in football, will they be so kind as
to let me have my say then also, I think not, but I will have to wait and
see.  Yes, I am complaining, not about this thread, but about equal time
for football or any other sport that anyone might want to talk about, and
others have added some about different sports at times, have at it, just
let me alone when it come to Tennessee football.  Undefeated team last year
and going to do it again this year, so Florida will get smashed again soon.
 John   Tennessee
----------
> From: Jose H. Leal <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Evolution and other theories
> Date: Monday, August 16, 1999 3:50 PM
>
> A recent issue of the magazine "GSA [Geological Society of America]
Today"
> brought a one-page review of "Science and Creationism", a book published
by
> the National Academy of Sciences to update and revise its 1984 statement
on
> the topics of evolution and creationism theory. In the book, NAS states
> unequivocally that creationism has no place in any science curriculum at
> any level. If you want to learn more about the National Academy of
Sciences
> book and other publications, check their web site at www.nas.edu.
National