From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:18:47 -0700
I am in the process of setting up a small cool water (California temperate)
tank to house mollusks and other critters and could really benefit from advise
from others who've had some experience with this (Dan and Hiromi Y. and
others).  My questions are:

1) temperature- the ambient temp. in my home can get pretty warm- mid 70's in
summer.  What CA coastal animals will survive in warmer temps? Short of
purchasing a chiller for the tank, what other options are there?

2) food- any feeding tricks for local gastropods, crabs, etc.?

3) substrate- suggestions?

4) is it possible to keep California nudibranchs successfully in a home tank?
How about sea hares? echinoids?

Also, to avoid controversy, flaming and counter flaming- yes, I am aware of the
Fish and Game collecting regulations and I am able to do all of my specimen
collecting within the limits of those regulations.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Phil Liff-Grieff
La Crescenta, California