From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 14:56:57 -0500
Speaking of bryozoans (I think): I collected some weird dead things at
minus tide at Fort Amador, Pacific Panama. Ranging from 5mm to 12mm they
were vaguely reminiscent of Attiliosa nodulifera with small evenly spaced
bumps, an oval aperture with sharp angles top & bottom, gastropod-like.
They turned out to have various dead gastropods inside, but those were
covered with a 2-3mm thickness of porous bryozoan-like material, including
the bumps.

Do any of our multi-talented members have any idea what this is?

John Wolff                      [log in to unmask]
2640 Breezewood Dr.             (717) 569-6955
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.