From:
Marshalldg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:26:15 EST

<<   However, we do want to
 come back alive and since there are cones out that way that can be dangerous
 our health, we'd like to ask for your guidance on how to handle/pick up these
 poisonous shells.  >>
 Dear Kathy,
  I am not a cone collector, but a friend of mine collected in the Seychelles
and told me they used to tie an empty milk jug to themselves, with the cap on
and an X cut in the side of the jug. He said they could put the cones in and
they couldn't get out and they could not sting through the heavy plastic of
the jug. You would put the cones in through the X cut. That is about all the
information I have. I know you should pick them up from the wide end and DO
NOT hold them for long as they are very aggressive.
     Good luck,
          Carole M